top of page
Work Permit Inside Canada.jpeg
Canada Student Visa
Work Permit Outside Canada


Our clients who would like to apply for a work permit from outside Canada are eligible to do so by submitting the :

  • a job offer from a Canadian employer;

  • a completed application that shows that they meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations; and,

  • a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) confirming that the employer can hire a foreign worker to fill the job.

Some clients may be exempt from the requirement to obtain a job offer and/or a LMIA, depending on their situation and the type of work they wish to pursue.


Clients who want to apply for a work permit from outside Canada may use our team’s guidance to comply with the mandatory requirements of the Act and Regulations, including:

  • to satisfy a visa officer that they will leave Canada at the end of their work permit;

  • to show that they will not engage in employment with an ineligible employer;

  • to show that they have enough money to support themselves and their family while they are in Canada;

  • to show that they respect the law and have no criminal record (they may be asked to provide a Police Clearance Certificate);

  • to show that they are not a risk to the security of Canada; and

  • to show that they are in good health (they may be asked to submit to a medical examination).

bottom of page